Thursday, September 11, 2014

A lady should read

Marguerite Gérard [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
Being a lady is not something superficial. You recognize a lady through the unity of her whole being. A woman who is not a lady might wear the prettiest dress but with a few words or actions anyone sensible can recognize an impostor. This leads me to a question: How to build my character to be a lady more thoroughly? I believe one of the answers lies in the content of what I let getting to my heart. So to find a good list of books suitable for a lady is never uncalled for. I have recently stumbled upon this list. It seems nice and contains both books I have read and loved such as Manalive or Pride and Prejudice but also books I never heard about. So for me, it is also a challenge to find time to read more quality books.


There are other things I like to read, like flylady or other blogs mentioned on the margin of this blog but I think that books have a nice feature that they are finite. There will usually be more articles to a good blog but when you are finished with a book, you can have a whole picture what this book did to you.

Another thing is that it may happen to you as to me that books take you away from your duties. That is not good and unladylike. There is time to read and time to do all the other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment