Sunday, September 7, 2014

Baking with Apples: 5 Simple Recipes

Apples are handy in autumn time and it is possible to bake delicious things with them.
I think that every visitor would know there is a lady if they were welcomed by a smell of baking. Even though I am not a very good cook, I like to collect recipes which are so simple that even I can use them.

This recipe for apple pie (in Slovak) proved to be delicious even with me as a cook. This one is in English and seems very similar.

Another even easier recipe is for apple strudel. Of course, if you want to get fancy, you can spend a lot more time at it creating your own strudel dough. I prefer to buy it frozen from a local producer.

Recipes I haven't tried yet but they look great:
  • Country Apple Dumplings: they look so tasty, I think I might try to bake them this week. I will have to substitute frozen strudel dough for the crescent dough.
  • Baked Apple Pancake: yesterday I was at a birthday party with a pancake machine and we put pieces of banana and apple into the dough. It tasted so good that I want to try it on a pan.
  •  No Bother Apple Cake: this cake calls for a cup of walnuts which seems a little bothersome to me but other then that... it could be nice.
The most difficult thing about baking for me is to find the time to actually buy the ingredients and then bake. I guess it is a question of priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment